The National Pecan Shellers Association needed to generate awareness of pecans among major food corporations and educate their research and development (R&D) departments on the many flavors, food pairings, and health benefits of pecans. The association asked us to provide strategic guidance on driving pecan adoption, marketing pecan consumption directly to the consumer, and creating an informative, experiential experience for leading companies to understand pecans and drive demand.
Leveraging their expertise and culinary industry contacts, we create the NPSA Pecan Chef Summit – a series of exclusive events designed to immerse influential culinary R&D chefs into the world of pecans. Chefs participated in educational sessions about the pecan industry, had an opportunity to get hands-on experiences developing new recipes, and were acquainted with the many uses, tastes, varieties, and nutritional benefits of pecans.
By hosting these unique events, national food suppliers and manufacturers the client developed new programs that integrated pecans which directly increased sales. In addition, we were able to create new original content – including 80+ recipes, chef and influencer testimonials, videos, and baking tips – to help consumer’s incorporate pecans into their daily diet. Kellen launched a series of social media pages designed to build a branded conversation around the nutritional benefits and overall uses of pecans. We helped NPSA repurpose content for these social channels, NPSA’s website, membership brochure, and marketing materials.
- Outback stores now use 200,000+ pounds of pecans per year and added pecans to many new dishes.
- Delta Air Lines has added pecans to international flight menus.
- Sysco’s most popular and most successful menu item is the “house” salad with candied pecans.
- McCormick Spices uses new pecan recipes in social media and traditional advertising
- PeachDish – voted by Forbes magazine as one of the top 6 “Meal Kit Delivery” companies nationwide in 2016, has included pecans in many new menu items.
- High Road Ice Cream launched two new pecan ice cream flavors that can be found in Publix & Whole Foods stores nationwide.
- The “I Love Pecans” Facebook page grew from 83,000 in 2014 to 140,000+ in 2017.
- Website traffic and engagement grew significently between 2016 and 2017: pageviews up 9%, average time on site up 14%, mobile users up 41%, and tablet users up 17%.